Assistant Scientist Analytical Chemistry Fulltime
● Support the Established Products Operations (EPO) technical functions worldwide. Support manufacturing and analytical activities and resolve manufacturing or analytical issues in projects dealing with EPO products.
● Conduct studies under the direction of a more senior scientist. Complete lab work as required, including planning, experiments, data analysis, summaries, notebook records and maintenance of a safe and clean laboratory.
● Make technical and written contributions to technical development and justification reports.
● Technical Expert in application of new analytical methods (e.g. HPLC, GC, KF). Test method application and troubleshooting of existing analytical methods to support analytical reference standards.
● You are supporting analytical activities to support our Established Products.
● Plan, design and coordinate your daily analytical activities during projects and update internal stakeholders
● Execute complex method applications
● Utilize instrumentation / equipment and may assist with recognition and resolution of technical problems.
● Co-author technical reports.
Abbott Established Pharmaceuticals Division (EPD) is looking for an assistant scientist based in The Netherlands, Weesp. The Pharmaceuticals Division helps treat some of the most pervasive and persistent health conditions around the world, providing access to some of the most trusted and proven medicines to those who need them most. Abbott generates over 450 pharmaceutical products of which the top 20-30 products are centrally supported by the Science and Technology (S&T) organization to maximize their growth by making use of advanced knowledge in science and technology and product expertise in a cross collaborative working model.
This group is tasked with globally facilitating operational excellence and compliance on these products, reducing operational costs, guaranteeing reliable supply and customer service in changing conditions, and joining forces with the Development department for
innovative improvements. Currently, Abbott wants to fill an open position in the pharmaceutical analysis group of AS&T for:
● A temporary 1-year contract with a view to permanent employment
● Good secondary employment conditions:
● 8% holiday allowance