About the job
In this challenging role as E-commerce Logistics Specialist you will manage the European Direct to Customer e-commerce logistics process. You are responsible for achieving short and long term ambitions of the e-commerce activities while keeping an eye on the daily operational requirements. Your main activities are:
- Set up and manage the D2C warehouse, carrier and partner performance;
- Improve fullfilment and carrier operations;
- Oversee the maintenance and performance measures of the E-commerce business;
- Plan and set up event activities, such as Black Friday events;
- Deliver projects/programs, new services and capabilities that ensure optimal productivity;
- In collaboration with key functional teams, you will ensure that relevant organizational goals and implications are included in e-commerce projects;
- Using your knowledge and experience you will advise Stakeholders on developments and trends to achieve improvements.
You are always positive, have a passion for logistics and are innovating. You know how to develop and manage operational solutions.
These are the qualities that describe you:
- You work well independently, plan your own projects and know how to set priorities;
- You meet deadlines and work towards them;
- Accurate with an eye for detail;
- Strong communication skills and culturally aware;
- You have a flexible attitude and function well in a fast changing environment;
- Commercially minded and creatively skilled.
In addition, you are in possession of:
- A Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant direction (preferably: Logistics or Supply Chain Management);
- At least 5 years of working experience in Supply Chain Management/Logistics Management;
- At least 3 years of working experience in e-commerce and D2C operations;
- A Proficient level of English;
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office and ERP system.
About the company
This company is one of the fastest growing logistics service providers in the world and specializes in innovative logistics services by developing and applying optimized solutions nand providing SCM consultancy to customers.
The company is active worldwide in 40 countries, employing more than 4.500 logistics experts! The Operation Innovation Manager is part of the Operations team located at the European HQ in Delft. This location is easily accessible from Rotterdam, The Hague (Den Haag) and Leiden.