About the job
The Project Management Specialist supports cross-functional teams in a global environment by:
- Developing competencies in the field of Project Management (i.e. ability to design, plan, organize, control activities and anticipate risks to complete projects as successfully as possible)
- Providing, structuring, driving and explaining existing processes, systems and tools supporting collaboration, documentation, measurement and project management.
- Facilitating the prioritization of work, decision-making processes.
- Ensuring the maintenance of systems and tools with regards to the Business Processes described below.
- Identifying, evaluating and implementing new processes and improvements of processes, systems and tools to reach higher performance of the MS&T organization.
Responsible for globally managing the key MS&T Business Processes listed below:
- Project Management (PM): Continuously improve the Project & Portfolio Management solution by interacting with customers and key stakeholders. Train project leaders on advanced PM skills. Facilitate project kick-off meetings, enable teams to adopt proper documentation and knowledge flows, help define qualitative and quantitative resources. At key project milestones, facilitate lessons learned and the communication of conclusions within the organization. Lead special projects which are not covered by standard procedure.
- Resource Management (RM): Design, train, facilitate and monitor use of a Resource Management system and continuously improve the RM system.
- Portfolio Management and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Maintain and improve Portfolio Management and KPI reporting and facilitate the use of the system. Interact with the Leadership Team (LT) in order to reach clear decisions on the project portfolio. Communicate with Project leads the output of these interactions.
- KM in Projects: Identify PM and KM tools and techniques to be adopted to maximize synergies between both systems. Facilitate project kick-off meetings, enable team to adopt proper documentation and knowledge flows and help define qualitative and quantitative resources. At key project milestones, facilitate lessons learned and the communication of conclusions within the organization.
About the company
At this client, you have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world through challenging and rewarding work as part of a highly successful and trusted organization that is shaping the future of health.
The client is recognized as a 'Top Employer' in the Netherlands by the Top Employers institute. Think of innovative programs, including flexible terms of employment, personal financial planning advice, an allowance for sports, individual budget training and aslo a trainee program for their employees.
The main work location for this position is in Weesp. This is easily accessible via Amsterdam, Utrecht and Schiphol.