About the job
Are you analytically strong? Do you have experience in purchase and inventory management? Looking for a new challenge? Living in Amsterdam Area?
For our client, a worldwide known player in de motor industry based in Schiphol-Rijk, we are looking for a Purchase & Inventory Coordinator. As a Purchase & Inventory Coordinator you improve the delivery (performance) and the quality of information of the factories/suppliers, in order to achieve the allocation level determined by the organization towards the market and to optimize the stock while maintaining this level. Furthermore you perform factory/supplier evaluations to further strengthen the relation, and to increase the efficiency.
- Factory/supplier evaluation and management;
- Develop, train/improve and control factories/suppliers through monitoring and analysis;
- Determine and maintain initial orders as well as follow-up orders (replenishments) to achieve the required allocation level and lowest possible stock, during the life cycle of a part;
- Provide information towards factories/suppliers and towards distributors;
- Coordinate, analyze and predict demand for parts to realize the lowest possible stock level;
- Participate in multidisciplinary projects;
- Support and direct the Purchase and Inventory Administrator.
Profile of a suitable candidate:
- A relevant Higher Professional Education (preferably in logistics, industrial engineering);
- Preferably minimum one year experience in a comparative function and field;
- Able to handle suppliers and address issues with them, hands-on.
- Determined and “eager to learn” mentality
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written;
- Excellent analytical, reporting and communication skills;
- Accurate, service minded and able to set priorities;
- Experience in working with automated systems and sound knowledge of Microsoft Access (outlook, Word, Excel, est.).
About the company
The European headoffice of a world wide known player in the motor industry, an A-brand.