About the job
For a pharmaceutical organization in Breda we are looking for an experienced accountant. Do you want to work within an international environment and do you have accountant skills? Then read on!
If you are going to work as a Senior Associate Accounting within this organzation, your main responsibilities will be:
- Perform day-to day accounting activities related to US GAAP (review and post journal entries/payroll accounting/VAT/prepaids and accruals);
- Support the preparation of close packages (including variance analysis);
- Support sales accounting/cost accounting for the global accounting functions;
- Coordinate accounting activities performed by our outsource Partners;
- Ensure actual data in SAP and various reporting systems is accurate;
- Provide technical guidance on accounting matters;
- Communicate/Coordinate with the Finance and Administration team at European affiliate relating US GAAP vs Local GAAP;
- Provide support for expansion activities/new product launches;
- Create and track financial metrics as part of dashboard for management;
- Provide ad hoc support to the Finance Director and flag all opportunities and challenges;
- Keep track of effectiveness of SLA’s, process maps and SOPs, monitor between the various Finance functions;
- Provide back up when colleagues are not available.
When are you a suitable candidate for this position? If you meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or a related field of study;
- Fluency in English (both verbal and written) is a must;
- Typically 3+ years of related professional experience;
- Excellent technical knowledge of accounting (US GAAP), accounting systems/processes;
- A high level of analytical skills and the ability to solve complex problems;
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office environment;
- Basic knowledge of European VAT system;
- Experience with SAP/other ERP system is an advantage.
About the company
The organization discovers, develops, manufactures and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, the organization was one of the first companies to realize the new sciences promise by bringing safe and effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. The company's therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, the organization remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people’s lives. The mission of the organization is to help patients. Every day they work to improve the lives of seriously ill people. They do this through groundbreaking scientific research, the development of effective medicines and their focus on the outcome of treatment.
What we offer
If you come to work for us, we can make you the following offer:
- Full-time position of 40 hours a week;
- Temporary contract with a view to permanent;
- Travel allowance;
- Gross monthly salary between € 3800 and € 4300;
- Nice job in an International environment.